08 Mar Move It or Lose It – Hormones & Sleep Support
I have to be honest about something. For years I had a love-hate relationship with exercise. I loved it because I knew it was good for my health but I hated it because I always related it to weight loss, bodybuilding and crowded, noisy gyms. It wasn’t until I turned 40, then 45 that I realized I needed it in my life…badly.
Hormones play a vital role in our overall health and well-being. Hormonal imbalances can cause a range of physical and emotional symptoms, including weight gain, mood swings, fatigue, and even infertility. Getting regular exercise is a time-tested way to help balance female hormones naturally. If you’re like me and need a little variety to get yourself moving and motivated, here are some tips to get started:
- Cardiovascular exercise: Engage in cardiovascular activities like jogging, cycling, or swimming. These activities help to improve blood circulation, reduce inflammation, and support hormonal balance.
- Strength training: Resistance training, including weight lifting and bodyweight exercises, can help increase muscle mass and boost metabolism, both of which can help balance hormones. This one is especially important as we age!
- Yoga: Yoga has been shown to help reduce stress, promote relaxation, and improve hormonal balance. Certain yoga poses like downward dog, pigeon, and child’s pose can help balance hormones by stimulating the endocrine system. Inverted poses can help soothe your anxious nervous system and get you ready for a good night’s sleep.
- High-intensity interval training (HIIT): HIIT workouts combine short bursts of high-intensity exercise with periods of rest or low-intensity exercise. This type of exercise can help improve insulin sensitivity and reduce cortisol levels, which can help balance hormones.
- Get outside: Exercising outdoors can provide tremendous benefits for hormonal balance. Walking meditation and outdoor T’ai Chi is a great place to start! The sunlight can help regulate melatonin and serotonin levels and get your circadian rhythm back in check, which can improve your sleep and your mood.
Changing hormones helped me change the way I looked at exercise. Now it’s not a goal, it’s a lifestyle.
Remember to always listen to your body and adjust your exercise routine accordingly. Incorporating one or more of these kinds of exercises into your daily routine can help you achieve hormonal balance and improve your overall health long-term.
If balancing hormones is something you’re concerned about, hit reply and let me know how I can support you.
In Case You Missed It: When Things Fall Apart: How To Break Up With Your Therapist
Coping with the stress of modern life isn’t easy, especially when you’re trying to do it alone. Therapy can be the biggest missing link to finding purpose, passion, and meaning in life again. However, not all therapeutic relationships work out for the best, leaving clients wondering how to terminate therapy sessions in a way that doesn’t burn bridges or create further emotional or psychological harm. This episode answers the question: how do you break up with your therapist, nicely?
Unleashing Your Creativity
Have you ever identified and defined your greatest values and put them in writing? If not, I urge you to do so now.
One of my greatest core values is creativity. Although my career in the Intensive Care Unit was really hard work, one of the things I enjoyed most was the degree of creativity it required. No two night shifts were the same and there was always a challenge or two to overcome.
Creativity is one of the most important skills that you can have in life. It drives innovation, invention, and new ideas. But creativity isn’t just about coming up with novel solutions to problems; it’s also about finding ways to express yourself and make your mark on the world around you.
Female Hormone Support
Gaia Herbs PRO Female Support Formula supports endogenous hormone production. Throughout a woman’s lifetime, her body naturally goes through transitional hormonal states. Keeping the body and mind balanced through the hormonal fluctuations of PMS and menopause is vital to maintaining an optimal quality of life. This product uses traditional herbal wisdom to optimize female hormone balance and well-being.
Ready to figure out what’s actually happening with your hormones? Let’s talk about it!
Want more tips, tools and strategies to help you live longer and live better with lifestyle medicine? Join our mailing list today!