‘Health is the first wealth’ ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
It’s no secret that health care has changed. Advanced technologies are helping us detect diseases sooner and new medicines are introduced daily to help get them under control. People are living longer than ever before and no matter how old or young, we all want to find the secrets to aging well.
But for all the modern medical advances making news today, we admit we’re a little old fashioned. At Seva Health we still believe in the timeless maxim that “health is the first wealth” and “an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” While some people may think of prevention as a 15 minute annual physical and a whole host of screening tests, we go the extra mile to help you develop a healthy lifestyle. Our question is: what if mindfulness and nutritional counseling were as much a part of your physical as your weight and blood pressure? How much more productive could you be at work if you had a consistent sleep pattern that allowed you to wake up refreshed and rejuvenated from a good night’s sleep? What if we changed our lives and not just our symptoms?
Introducing Seva Wellcare. Integrative health coaching, where and when you need it.
“My biggest issue has always been my weight and it scares me because everyone in my family is diabetic. After having my physical and figuring out that there was nothing really “wrong” with me, Angel helped me really get serious about it. It wasn’t my thyroid or any other kind of problem. It was just me. She asked me questions that no doctor had ever really asked me before. I learned how to pay attention to my body and I learned how to stop the negativity that I kept repeating to myself. I realized I could actually get control over my eating and my exercise. I still have a ways to go but when I look in the mirror now and see myself 30 pounds lighter and realize that I’m not prediabetic anymore? I still can’t believe this is me.”
~ Kim G., Owings Mills, MD
Seva Wellcare™ Virtual Health Coaching may be just right for you if:
- You want more out your healthcare experience with less focus on disease and more on prevention, vitality and breakthrough research for living longer and better
- You’re ready to transform your life by working one on one with an experienced healthcare provider who shares your value of an integrative, holistic approach to health and can help you mitigate stress related symptoms before they develop into disease
- Your time is valuable to you and you welcome personalized access to an experienced clinician using convenient remote technologies such as HIPAA secure video calls, texts and emails
- Your current healthcare provider has suggested lifestyle modifications such as changing your diet, creating an exercise regimen or stress management plan but hasn’t explained how to get started
Seva Wellcare ™ — making personalized, integrative health care easier.
Skin, Hair, or Nail Problems
Inability to Focus
Difficulty Falling Asleep
Feeling Excessively Tired
Chronic Tension Headaches
Constipation or ‘Stomach Problems’
If so, a few key areas of our focus will include attention to:
Functional Nutrition: Low Glycemic Index Eating 101, Understanding Food Sensitivities, Optimizing Your Gut Microbiome, Nutrigenomics for Mental Health
Taking Control: Mental Detox and Self Care, Getting Out of Emotional Ruts, Setting Realistic, Achievable Goals
Taming Stress: Understanding Cortisol and Adrenal Fatigue, Strengthening Your Coping Skills, Developing Emotional Agility & Emotional Resilience
Know The Numbers: Root Cause Functional Lab Testing for Hormone Imbalances, Nutrient Deficiencies, Allergies and Food Sensitivities
The Science of Supplementation: When, Why and How to Choose the Right Nutraceutical Supplements
Weight Reduction: Understanding Exercise & Body Composition for Individual Body Types
Q&A: Integrative Health Team Building, Key Questions to Ask At Every Medical Appointment To Support Your Health Journey
Epigenetics, Nutrigenomics and Gene SNP Testing: Lifestyle Medicine Designed for You
Creating Healthy Habits: Believing in Yourself, Developing Self-Awareness, Strengthening Your Confidence, Building a New You
Complementary Therapies: Building Your Own Mind-Body and Meditation Practice At Home
Overcoming Obstacles: Stress Eating, Hunger & Appetite, Compulsive Eating, How to Manage Plateaus
Living the Life: Measuring Results, Tips for Daily Wellness, Sustaining Success, Holding Yourself Accountable
The medical evidence is clear: stress is the precursor of every disease. A body that lacks sufficient rest, optimal nutrition, and physical movement is a body at risk for illness; a mind unable to manage emotional triggers is a fertile ground for poor decision-making about health. Eliminating stress seems to be the most obvious answer, doesn’t it? If only it were that easy.
Many health coaches emphasize eliminating stress, but Angel sees this differently. Stress is inevitable because life is unpredictable. Angel helps you shift the focus from the impossible goal of “eliminating stress” to the more realistic one of learning how to cope with it.
Using an Integral coaching framework, Angel meets you right where you are on your healing journey with the simple goal of helping you rewrite your health “narrative.” As a clinician with over twenty-five years experience in chronic disease management, Angel recognizes that the health narrative is the story we tell ourselves every day about the state of our well-being; it’s the story that affects our thoughts about exercise, food choices, time management and daily rest. It’s the story we’ve heard over and over about our family genetics, that leaves us feeling powerless to execute change. The health narrative is a path paved by true and untrue stories. Health and wellness, therefore, must begin with learning to rewrite the narrative.
A little background …
The Integral model of coaching prioritizes salutogenesis, a concept first articulated by Israeli Sociologist Aaron Antonovsky, which literally means the creation of health and health-promoting behaviors. Salutogenesis transcends illness and embraces wellness. This approach is significantly different from the more common focus on disease, or pathogenesis, found in Western medicine and many health coaching frameworks. The salutogenic model accepts that stress is an inevitable part of life and an ongoing, unpredictable source of tension that will never, realistically, be eliminated. Rather than spin our wheels trying to eliminate stress, we develop and strengthen inner resources to alleviate the impact of stress in our lives.
In rewriting your own health narrative, Angel becomes your partner in health, helping you embark on a journey of self-discovery through the eight specific dimensions believed to most impact your health decisions:
Emotional: gaining strategies to effectively cope with strong or difficult emotions
Spiritual: exploring personal definitions of faith while developing a sense of purpose and meaning in life
Environmental: creating supportive, nurturing environments that create harmony and support well being
Financial: finding satisfaction with financial obligations and future goals
Mental/Intellectual: establishing a ‘life-long learner’ perspective while building on innate creative abilities
Occupational: finding meaning and personal satisfaction with work
Social: developing a support system that helps deepen the sense of connection and belonging
Your journey into a healthier lifestyle will begin with a simple Discovery Call. Angel will talk with you about your health concerns and your goals to decide if her approach meets your needs and the vision you have for your new life.
Next, you’ll schedule your initial coaching session and take some time to complete your Health & Wellness Inventory and Personal Health & Wellness Roadmap. Your Health & Wellness Inventory provides a deeper look into your current health concerns and existing practices while your Health & Wellness Roadmap is what you envision your health to look like. A roadmap involves envisioning an optimal state of health in all 8 domains of the wellness wheel.
Next, you’ll meet with Angel in a ‘virtual office’ using her HIPAA-secure telemedicine video portal. You can do this with your phone, tablet or desktop computer. During this 90 minute session, you and Angel will review your Health & Wellness Inventory and your Personal Health & Wellness Roadmap. Each coaching session will touch upon one or more of these dimensions using your roadmap as your guide.
Together, you and Angel will discuss Functional Medicine testing, nutraceutical support, mind body practices and more to get you on the path to full spectrum health and well-being. You’ll discover hidden links between your inner personal values, intentions and the perceptions that shape your daily outer behaviors and affect the whole health system.
Through consistent and intentional efforts, you will gain:
- valuable insight into your own stress coping mechanisms
- tools to better predict and modify stressful situations
- strategies to become more mindful and productive throughout your day
- personal mastery of mind-body practices that ultimately improve your state of well-being
Begin Your New Health Journey Today!
→ Are you ready to prioritize prevention, vitality and longevity?
→ Are you ready to get better control of personal stress?
→ Are you ready for an accountability partner to hold you to your goals?
→ Are you ready to change your life, not just your symptoms?
Then let’s get started … explore our packages and book your Discovery Call below!
This is NOT:
NOT another diet program telling you what not to eat and demanding that you purchase expensive, prepackaged foods;
NOT another program that will have you counting cars and calories all day leaving you starved, confused and angry;
NOT a fad fitness program that requires an expensive gym membership, equipment or loads of time.
- a safe, medically supervised, total lifestyle approach to clean eating, science based supplementation and mindful movement
- a self-paced course in setting specific, measurable and attainable goals for yourself that ensure success and strengthen your confidence in your ability to improve your health
- a guided, resource based program that will help you develop mindfulness about your overall health and well-being
You will learn:
- how to safely cleanse your body of toxins, curb unhealthy cravings and commit to a realistic lifestyle food and fitness plan that works for you
- the science of how certain foods cause your blood sugar to spike and trigger your body to retain fat
- the principles of low glycemic-impact eating which focuses on eating clean, not eating less
- how to properly read food labels to identify culprits and select foods that satisfy your hunger, reduce your cravings and fuel your body in a healthy
- how to focus on body composition rather than scale based measurements (fat loss vs weight loss)
- how to incorporate science-based supplementation that work with your body to enhance toning and fat loss
- how to incorporate simple, consistent movement and mind-body practices that help you reap the benefits of resilient thinking and positive psychology
- how to make a daily commitment to change unhealthy behaviors into healthy ones with tools to track your progress
- how to balance your meals with the proper sources and amounts of protein, carbohydrates and fats to fuel your metabolism and support your mood
- how to create new habits with food and meal planning that you actually enjoy
- how to set specific, measurable and attainable goals for yourself that ensure success and strengthen your confidence.
This package is perfect for individuals who:
- are highly motivated to make tangible steps toward a healthy lifestyle for life, not the moment
- want to prevent or gain control of health conditions like diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol and obesity
- want to incorporate mindfulness based strategies into their nutrition and lifestyle
- are ready to accept accountability and want the consistent, medically supervised support of an experienced health coach (monthly).
This package comes with a FREE 250 page Health Guide and Journal
Book Your Discovery Call Now!
Seva Wellcare Membership
New Day, New Me
Getting Started With Functional Medicine
90 Minute New Client Package
Continuing Care Package
Test Kit Order Package
Functional Labs Made Simple
Understanding Your Test Results Package
Fit & Functional Accountability Circle