‘Health is the first wealth’ ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
It’s no secret that healthcare around the world has changed. Advanced technologies are helping us detect diseases sooner and new medicines are introduced daily to help get them under control.
But don’t you think you deserve better?
Don’t you think there’s some wisdom in those old maxims that “health is the first wealth” and “an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure?”
Don’t you think you deserve more than a 15 minute yearly physical where all you do is talk about how to prevent disease but you never get the opportunity to discuss how to LIVE WELL?
Don’t you think that mindfulness and investing in yourself and learning how to eat, sleep, move and live better is the real ticket to living longer AND living better? I do. And I know that you do, too. That’s why I created Fit & Functional For Life™
“My biggest issue has always been my weight and it scares me because everyone in my family is diabetic. After having my physical and figuring out that there was nothing really “wrong” with me, Angel helped me really get serious about it. It wasn’t my thyroid or any other kind of problem. It was just me. She asked me questions that no doctor had ever really asked me before. I learned how to pay attention to my body and I learned how to stop the negativity that I kept repeating to myself. I realized I could actually get control over my eating and my exercise. I still have a ways to go but when I look in the mirror now and see myself 30 pounds lighter and realize that I’m not prediabetic anymore? I still can’t believe this is me.”
~ Kim G., Owings Mills, MD
Fit & Functional For Life™ Health Coaching may be just right for you if:
- You know that you deserve more out of your healthcare experience
- You want less focus on disease and more focus on prevention
- You know there’s a life of emotional clarity, physical vitality and higher spiritual purpose awaiting you but you just don’t know how to get there
- You’re ready to transform your life by working with a professional who shares your value of an integrative, holistic approach to health and can help you mitigate stress related symptoms before they develop into disease
- Your time is valuable to you and you welcome personalized access to an experienced clinician using convenient remote technologies
- Your current healthcare provider has suggested lifestyle modifications such as changing your diet, creating an exercise regimen or stress management plan but hasn’t explained how to get started
- You want to live longer AND live better.
- You’re ready to get Fit & Functional For Life ™
Skin, Hair, or Nail Problems
Inability to Focus
Difficulty Falling Asleep
Feeling Excessively Tired
Chronic Tension Headaches
Constipation or ‘Stomach Problems’
Fit & Functional For Life™ is designed to help you focus on:
Functional Nutrition: Low Glycemic Index Eating 101, Understanding Food Sensitivities, Optimizing Your Gut Microbiome, Nutrigenomics for Mental Health
Taking Control: Mental Detox and Self Care, Getting Out of Emotional Ruts, Setting Realistic, Achievable Goals
Taming Stress: Understanding Cortisol and Adrenal Fatigue, Strengthening Your Coping Skills, Developing Emotional Agility & Emotional Resilience
Know The Numbers: Root Cause Functional Lab Testing for Hormone Imbalances, Nutrient Deficiencies, Allergies and Food Sensitivities
The Science of Supplementation: When, Why and How to Choose the Right Nutraceutical Supplements
Weight Reduction: Understanding Exercise & Body Composition for Individual Body Types
Q&A: Integrative Health Team Building, Key Questions to Ask At Every Medical Appointment To Support Your Health Journey
Epigenetics, Nutrigenomics and Gene SNP Testing: Lifestyle Medicine Designed for You
Creating Healthy Habits: Believing in Yourself, Developing Self-Awareness, Strengthening Your Confidence, Building a New You
Complementary Therapies: Building Your Own Mind-Body and Meditation Practice At Home
Overcoming Obstacles: Stress Eating, Hunger & Appetite, Compulsive Eating, How to Manage Plateaus
Living the Life: Measuring Results, Tips for Daily Wellness, Sustaining Success, Holding Yourself Accountable
The medical evidence is clear: stress is the precursor of every disease. A body that lacks sufficient rest, optimal nutrition, and physical movement is a body at risk for illness; a mind unable to manage emotional triggers is a fertile ground for poor decision-making about health.
Eliminating stress seems to be the most obvious answer, doesn’t it? If only it were that easy.
Many health professionals and coaches talk about eliminating stress but if it was that easy, wouldn’t we all be in a much better place?
- Our work causes stress
- Our relationships cause stress
- The world we live in causes stress
Stress is inevitable because life is unpredictable.
In the Fit & Functional For Life™ model you will stop looking for ‘life hacks’ to eliminate stress and strengthen your innate tools to cope with it.
- gain access to the tools I’ve collected from 25+ years of studying and practicing Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) which is a scientifically proven method for coping with stress
- learn how to rewrite your health narrative to stop repeating negative thought cycles that work against you
- move from just talking about your vision for a healthier, longer life and start taking tangible, action-oriented steps towards it
- start sharing your story about how you’re now eating, sleeping, moving and FEELING better
Fit & Functional For Life™ is centered in the Integral Health Coaching Model
The Integral model of coaching prioritizes salutogenesis, a concept first articulated by Israeli Sociologist Aaron Antonovsky, which literally means the creation of health and health-promoting behaviors. Salutogenesis transcends illness and embraces wellness. This approach is significantly different from the more common focus on disease, or pathogenesis, found in Western medicine and many health coaching frameworks. The salutogenic model accepts that stress is an inevitable part of life and an ongoing, unpredictable source of tension that will never, realistically, be eliminated. Rather than spin our wheels trying to eliminate stress, we develop and strengthen inner resources to alleviate the impact of stress in our lives.
Rewriting your own health narrative will be the first step on your new journey of self-discovery through the eight specific dimensions believed to most impact your health decisions:
Emotional: gain strategies to effectively cope with strong or difficult emotions
Spiritual: explore personal definitions of faith while developing a sense of purpose and meaning in life
Environmental: create supportive, nurturing environments that create harmony and support well being
Financial: find satisfaction with financial obligations and future goals
Mental/Intellectual: establish a ‘life-long learner’ perspective while building on innate creative abilities
Occupational: find meaning and personal satisfaction with work
Social: develop a support system that helps deepen the sense of connection and belonging
Getting Started: Your Fit & Functional For Life™ Journey
Your journey to getting Fit & Functional For Life™ begins with a complimentary Vision to Victory Coaching session to explore:
- the vision you have for your life
- the roadblocks standing in your way
- the actions you can take to remove your roadblocks
Your Vision to Victory initial coaching session will help you:
- gain clarity about your life and your purpose
- explore your strengths, challenges and roadblocks
- strengthen your confidence to take specific steps toward your health goals
- remove the mental roadblocks getting in your way
As a bonus GIFT you’ll get a unique access code to download our Personal Health & Wellness Roadmap which will help you explore the eight dimensions of life that influence your health and daily habits the most.
You’ll discover hidden links between your core personal values, intentions and the perceptions that shape your daily outer behaviors and affect the whole health system.
Your Personal Health & Wellness Roadmap and Your Vision To Victory session will help you gain:
- valuable insight into your own stress coping mechanisms
- tools to better predict and modify stressful situations
- strategies to become more mindful and productive throughout your day
- personal mastery of mind-body practices that ultimately improve your state of well-being through all stages of your life
And you’ll be ready to take the next step of action to get Fit & Functional For Life™
You are what you eat. You’ve probably heard this before. And it’s true because your eating habits have a significant impact on how your brain and body functions and an impact on how you feel.
Mindfulness is the most important practice we can ever undertake. The more we learn how to be mindful, the more present and awake we can be to the present moment and the more empowered we are to make decisions that support good nutrition and great health.
Mindfulness is the most important practice we can ever undertake. The more we are able to be mindful
This is NOT:
- another diet program telling you what not to eat and demanding that you purchase expensive, prepackaged foods;
- another program that will have you counting cars and calories all day leaving you starved, confused and angry;
- a fad fitness program that requires an expensive gym membership, equipment or loads of time.
- a safe, medically supervised, total lifestyle approach to clean eating, science based supplementation and mindful movement
- a self-paced program in which you are supported in designing specific, measurable and attainable goals for yourself that ensure success
- a life journey and strengthen your confidence in your ability to improve your health
- a guided, resource based program that will help you develop mindfulness about your overall health and well-being
You will learn:
- how to safely cleanse your mind and body of toxins, curb unhealthy cravings and commit to a realistic lifestyle that works for you
- the science of how certain foods cause your blood sugar to spike and trigger your body to retain unhealthy ‘brown’ fat
- the principles of plant-based, low glycemic-impact eating which focuses on eating clean, not eating less
- how to properly read food labels to identify culprits and select foods that satisfy your hunger, reduce your cravings and fuel your body in a healthy
- how to focus on body composition rather than scale based measurements (fat loss vs weight loss)
- how to incorporate science-based supplementation that work with your body to enhance toning and fat loss
- how to incorporate simple, consistent movement and mind-body practices that help you reap the benefits of resilient thinking and positive psychology
- how to make a daily commitment to change unhealthy behaviors into healthy ones with tools to track your progress
- how to balance your meals with the proper sources and amounts of protein, carbohydrates and fats to fuel your metabolism and support your mood
- how to create new habits with food and meal planning that you actually enjoy
- how to set specific, measurable and attainable goals for yourself that ensure success and strengthen your confidence.
This program is perfect for individuals who:
- need help getting motivated to make tangible steps toward a healthy lifestyle for life, not just for the moment
- want to prevent a life-altering condition like diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol and obesity
- want to incorporate mindfulness based strategies into their nutrition and lifestyle
- need help with accountability and want consistent, medically supervised support
A 250 page Health Guide and Journal, access to my video-library filled with hundreds of tutorials, functional nutrition testing and live 1:1 coaching is all included when you enroll in this program to get Fit and Functional For Life!
→ Are you ready to prioritize prevention, vitality and longevity?
→ Are you ready to stop feeling like a victim to stress?
→ Are you ready to feel the joy of finally achieving your health goals?
→ Are you ready to start living the life you know you deserve?
No more wishing for the healthier lifestyle you dream of…
No more putting your health on the back burner…
No more feeling tired, wired, and burned out…
Vision To Victory:
Your Healthy Lifestyle In Action
Use the link below to schedule your complimentary coaching session
Start crafting your vision and aligning your actions
to get Fit & Functional For Life!